On Thursday, May 29th Fortnite added another new weapon type to the spray meta with the addition of the Burst SMG, let’s breakdown the weapon for you.
Ever since Season 9 began the meta of Fortnite has been that of “Spray and pray”, which effectively means that you just hold down left click, if on computer, or the button on your controller that shoots and hope that your bullets go through your opponents builds.
More from Fortnite News
- Fortnite Cloak Gauntlets: How to Use, Mythic Location
- All Fortnite Transformers Part 1 Quests
- Epic Games Teases Fortnite WILDS
- Epic Games Brings Back Trios in Fortnite
- Fortnite Week 12 Quests: Full List
Many competitive players have stated the addition of the Drum Gun to the loot pool once again has ruined the balance of play. If a player has a drum gun they are effectively in a much better position to win a fight over their enemy. On Friday, May 29th, Epic Games released their latest patch notes, which vaulted the suppressed sub machine gun. Here are the details of the new Burst SMG:
- Available in Common, Uncommon and Rare variants.
- Fires a quick 4 round burst.
- Deals 23, 24, 25 damage.
- 1.75x headshot multiplier.
- 24 round magazine.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
- Uses Light Ammo.
Overall, Epic may have felt that the spray and pray meta was getting a little out of hand and decided to take out the lesser weapon, Sub SMG over the fan favorite Drum Gun to appease their community. Some may hear “Burst SMG”, and think that it will be just another SMG that destroys through builds, however with the gun being a burst and not straight shooting for 30 bullets, the weapon will likely be much harder destroy a wall and take it from the enemy. With only a 24 round magazine.
What do you think of the new Burst SMG now that it has been in Fortnite for a day? How do you think comp