We are now two weeks into Fortnite season 8, on March 12th they released their first big patch of the season. Plenty of new items were added, including a brand new vehicle, and even free vending machines.
So what’s new? After taking a look at the latest patch notes we have decided to highlight the new items and bug fixes that we think are the most important.
- This single seat vehicle is found at Expedition Outposts and around pirate camp loot stashes
- Use the attached Grappler and Boost functionality to pull yourself up cliffs or swing through the trees
- The driver is protected from damage, but The Baller is vulnerable to enemy weapon fire.
- Removed the material cost.
- Each Vending Machine will be destroyed after claiming an item.
- Common and Uncommon Vending Machines have been removed.
- Removed Mounted Turret from Legendary Vending Machine
Fixed rocket smoke trails disappearing instantly on explosion.
Fixed an issue where the popping audio for Balloons would continue to play after using Balloons to get to max build height while using a vehicle.
Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure would not auto pickup when the Auto Pickup Weapons setting was enabled.
Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure chests could be placed on the Starting Island.
Fixed an issue where using an Impulse Grenade or a Shockwave Grenade while jumping on a Hoverboard causes the player to rapidly rotate.
More from Fortnite News
- Fortnite Cloak Gauntlets: How to Use, Mythic Location
- All Fortnite Transformers Part 1 Quests
- Epic Games Teases Fortnite WILDS
- Epic Games Brings Back Trios in Fortnite
- Fortnite Week 12 Quests: Full List
Elimination credit is now awarded to last damager in cases of logging out, self-elimination, and eliminations due to Storm damage. Current threshold timer is 15 seconds.
- Added custom consume animations for the following items:
- Small Shield Potion
- Shield Potion
- Slurp Juice
- Chug Jug
- Tournament Update: Gauntlet Solo Test Event & Gauntlet Duo Test Event
- Added another extended session, which will run 24 hours a day and concludes on March 19th at 12 AM ET.
- Matchmaking will no longer wait to create a match with closest scoring players available after 8 minutes, and will now require enough players with similar scores to start.
- Adjusted matchmaking point expansion to increase likelihood for high scoring players to be matched against other high scoring players.
- Note: Due to the playlist featuring matchmaking based on your score, the quality or availability of matches may differ at certain times of day.
- Updated Scoring:Solo+2 Points will now be awarded after reaching 15th Place (previously 10th Place).
- Duo Increased Bus Fare from -2 Points to -3 Points.This is a temporary solution for the Duo event granting too many points to players due to eliminations, causing an inflation of points over the course of the event.
- +2 Points will now be awarded after reaching 7th Place (previously 5th Place).
- New Tournament: Scallywag Duos Cup (March 16th & 17th) [$100,000 in Cash Prizes!]
- As a test of our prize payment systems leading into the Fortnite World Cup, we’ll be holding a $100,000 Duos tournament on March 16th and 17th. The prize pool will be distributed across all server regions, with official rules and details released later this week.
- Participation in this event requires players to be in the Top 3% (global) of either the Solo or Duo Gauntlet Test Event as of 12 AM ET on March 16th.
- Round One: All Eligible Players
- Round Two: Top 3000 Players from Round One
What do you think of the new vehicle? Do you think it’ll be useful in competitive Fortnite? Let us know in the comments below.