Fortnite rolled out their latest patch, v8.11 on March 20th. With the patch comes some bug fixes, new weapon, and a major fan favorite item makes a comeback.
It’s now been a week since the first major patch for Season 8 of Fortnite, so naturally v8.11 came out on Wednesday, March 20th early in the morning. We had a few leaks of what could be coming, including a brand new weapon. Let’s take a look at the patch notes here.
- Flint-Knock Pistol
- Available in Common and Uncommon Rarities.
- Found from Floor Loot.
- Knocks back the shooter. Can also knock back the target if they’re close enough.The closer you are to the target, the farther they get knocked away
- The shooter can crouch to prevent the knockback.
- Close range damage: 86/90Significant damage falloff.
- Must reload after each shot.3 second reload time
- Uses Heavy Ammo.
If the casual fan base already did not like pistols, this latest weapon will surely make some players angry. They feel as if pistols are too hard to use, or they are very weak if you get one early game and your opponent gets a shotgun. With not even a few hours of use under our belt as of this article, only time will tell what the casual players, and the competitive players think of the Flint-Knock Pistol.
More from Forever Fortnite
- Fortnite Cloak Gauntlets: How to Use, Mythic Location
- All Fortnite Transformers Part 1 Quests
- Epic Games Teases Fortnite WILDS
- All Fortnite Spending Spree Trials Quests
- Is There a Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 Live Event?
IMPULSES ARE BACK!!
Coming from a season 2 beginner, and an avid player of Fortnite, I could not be happier to see impulse grenades make their way back into the game. Impulse Grenades are one of the most fun items that Epic have added to the game. Overall they do not provide that much of an advantage when it comes to fighting, however the creativeness that comes with impulsing up to your opponent and one-pumping them is out of this world.
- Tournament Update: Gauntlet Solo Test Event & Gauntlet Duo Test Event
- Added two additional extended sessions, which will run 24 hours a day.
- 3/19/2019 00:00 UTC until 3/23/2019 00:00 UTC
- 3/23/2019 00:00 UTC until 3/26/2019 00:00 UTC
- New Tournament: Blackheart Cup (March 23rd & 24th) [$100,000 in Cash Prizes!]
- Participation in this event requires players to have placed in the Top 3% (global) of any Gauntlet Test Event session prior to the start of the tournament.
- The prize pool will be distributed across all server regions, with official rules and details released later this week.
For the competitive players this updates comes as a great surprise, as it seems like the Gauntlet events are well on their way to becoming a permanent game mode.
What do you think of this update, what are you most excited for? We know are most excited for the return of the impulse grenades, let us know in the comments below!